Southern Africa Youth Project has established a Non-Profit Support Unit which is dedicated to providing capacity building, training, consulting, project management and grants management on behalf of Non-Profit Organisations.
What non-profit support activities do we provide?
- Conducting Due Diligence or internal audit of Non-Profit Organisations on behalf of grantmakers.
- Identifying newly established and existing organisations on behalf of grantmakers.
- Conducting research and support to grantmakers.
- Applying for funding and distributing amongst organisations. Consortia Management.
- Providing training based on needs assessments and internal audits.
- Provision of referral services to non-profit organisations.
- Where necessary assisting organisations to fix their policies, tools, databases, document management and processes.
- Providing reports and recommendations to grantmakers after completion of training.
- Also, Southern Africa Youth Project provides membership to new and existing non-profit organisations.
How to collaborate with Southern Africa Youth Project?
If you are a non-profit organisation
- Southern Africa Youth project provides membership to organisations in South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Namibia, Lesotho, Malawi and Mozambique.
- You get benefits such as training for your staff members and volunteers.
- We provide content that you can use to implement your work in your country/province/town/city/rural area or village.
- We provide you with access to in-kind support such as getting furniture, equipment, materials for your project success.
- We co-apply for funding or apply for funding and you become our implementer.
If you are a donor/grantmaker/funder
- We do due diligence check on your behalf to non-profit organisations of your interest.
- We then compile a report based on our recommendations and findings.
- We manage the contracts you have signed with them.
- We conduct site visits to check project progress, monitor finances and systems.
- We do an internal audit of finances and do verifications where necessary.
- We then provide training on financial management and non-profit business management to ensure that organisations are fully informed of what they are doing.
Our previous clients for this Program
- Diepsloot Youth Arts and Culture Project
- Diepsloot Youth Project
- Southern Africa Youth Project
- Let God Be You Foundation
- Nguwe Wedwa Youth Development Organisation
- Greater Midrand Development Center
- Mould Empower and Serve